Did you know?
Because GMS can hold multiple addresses for each worker, a hierarchy is followed to determine the address where a W-2 will be mailed. For W-2 purposes, GMS uses the first address it finds in this order:
- The assignment of the International Assignment usage tag to a Home address
- The assignment of the Payroll Tax Form usage tag to a Home or Work address
- The assignment of the Payroll Form usage tag to a Home or Work address
- The assignment of the Mailing usage tag to your Home (Primary), Home, Work (Primary), or Work address
- Home (Primary) with no usage tags assigned
- If a home address is not on file, GMS will use the address of your Work (Primary) or Business location
What should you do?
To review your address(es), log in to GMS, click on the “Personal Information” worklet, then under the “View” menu, click “Addresses”. If you have multiple addresses on file, review the assignment of any usage tags and compare to the hierarchy listed above to determine where your W-2 will be mailed.
For most workers, your W-2 will be mailed to your Home (Primary) address. However, if you have multiple home addresses or have assigned a usage tag to a Work address, your W-2 will be mailed according to the hierarchy.
In the example below, the worker’s W-2 will be mailed to the Home address rather than the Home (Primary) address. This is because the worker assigned the Payroll Tax Form usage tag to the Home address.
To edit or add a new address, including the assignment of a usage tag, click the “Edit” button. On the next screen, click the pencil icon or within the address you’d like to update. Enter your changes and if applicable, assign a new or change an existing usage tag. Note: The same usage tag should be assigned to only one address. Please do not assign the same usage tag to multiple addresses. Review your edits then click “Submit”.
Address changes and usage tag assignments for 2017 W-2 mailing purposes must be complete in GMS no later than Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
If you have questions regarding these changes or any other GMS support questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.