Please be aware of the following recent updates to GMS processes, job aids or reports as of April 15, 2019.
WD190415.01 - Introducing Worksheets and Drive
Impacted Roles: All Users
The GMS team is excited to introduce Worksheets and Drive in GMS. Drive is a cloud-based repository for documents within GMS, and Worksheets is a cloud-based spreadsheet tool within GMS. These features will allow you to analyze, manipulate, and share data directly within GMS.
Here is a quick summary of some other benefits:
- Export some GMS reports into Worksheets as live data that can be refreshed on a scheduled or ad hoc basis (the report must be configured to allow live data)
- Export most any GMS report into Worksheets as static data
- Import Excel files and convert them into Worksheets that can be manipulated in GMS
- Most Excel formulas and functionality are available in Worksheets (i.e. vLookup, pivot tables, etc)
- Upload non-spreadsheet files into Drive for storage and sharing (i.e. pdf, Word, and image files)
Refer to the attached job aid (link) for a more detailed overview of how to use these features. The job aid can also be found in the Employee Self Service section on the GMS Training page, and covers the following topics:
- Accessing Drive and Worksheets
- Navigating Within Worksheets
- Adding Data to Worksheets
- Sharing and Permissions
It is also important to note that not all reports and roles are enabled for Worksheets at this time. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance with the new functionality.
HCM190415.01 - Recruiting Hub for IDEAA Administrators
Impacted Roles: IDEAA Administrator
The IDEAA Administrator role now has access to the Recruiting Hub in GMS. This will allow for easier access to job requisitions and candidate data.
HCM190415.02 - New Secondary Recruiter Role
Impacted Roles: Primary Recruiter, HR Contact, Academic HR Partner, Department Administrator
In order to better reflect the collaborative nature of our recruiting processes we have established a new Secondary Recruiter role in GMS. This role has the ability to view candidates and candidate documents in order to more effectively participate in the recruiting process. This role can be assigned to an unlimited number of positions who are part of the interview team or search committee for a particular position and can be assigned during the Create Job Requisition business process, or after the JR has already been created. This role can:
- View Candidate details, including attachments
- Download and bundle resumes
- View Job Requisition details (excluding compensation)
- Access the Recruiting Hub for easy viewing
For more information on the Secondary Recruiter role please review the Secondary Recruiter Job Aid posted on the GMS Training Website (link).
HCM190415.03 - Roster Reports available for Managers
Impacted Roles: Manager
The below 3 roster reports are now available for Managers to run:
- GU Roster Data Management - Worker & Position Details
- GU Roster Data Management - Vacant Positions
- GU Roster Data Management - Aging for Active But Unpaid Employees
If you have questions regarding these changes or any other GMS support questions please contact email@example.com.