Announcements and Changes
Dear Georgetown University Community Members,
We are writing to alert you of a fraudulent email that circulated last night and this morning to some members of our community.
UIS email security systems detected the message, categorized it as phishing, and removed it from the Georgetown email system. Some members of the community did receive the message below in their inboxes, and some community members clicked on the link:
The link under “Review Dates Here” led users to a realistic log-in page that appeared visually similar to the Georgetown single sign-on page.
If you saw this email before it was removed and clicked any links within it and entered your login information:
- IMMEDIATELY change your Georgetown password. For detailed instructions on resetting your password, please visit the University Information Services website (new window).
- Notify UIS if you have clicked on any links or responded to the sender by contacting email@example.com (new window) or at 202-687-4949.
Phishing emails like this one are becoming more prevalent in the higher education community and are becoming more realistic. Please visit our phishing prevention web page (new window) for information on what to do if you get a suspicious email and how to report it. For more information on security announcements and threats please visit security.georgetown.edu (new window) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
University Information Services
Open Enrollment for your 2024 benefits begins today. You have until 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, to log in to GMS (new window) and take the following actions as needed:
- Enroll in or change health plans
- Enroll in or change voluntary benefits
- Add or remove dependents
- Update beneficiaries
- Enroll in 2024 Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Enroll in 2024 Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Once you log in to GMS (new window) and submit your final benefit choices, you can go back and make changes as often as you like until 10 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, November 15. Your benefit changes will take effect on January 1, 2024.
If you do not submit any changes during Open Enrollment, your benefits will remain the same with the exception of FSA and HSA elections, which must be made each year or they will default to $0 on January 1.
The Office of Faculty & Staff Benefits has created several resources to help you take advantage of Open Enrollment and the plans available to you:
- Visit the Georgetown University Open Enrollment Showcase website (new window) to learn about all of your benefit options – and what’s changing – for 2024.
- Join us on Thursday, October 26, for our Open Enrollment Fair at 2115 Wisconsin Avenue NW. We’re excited to host this in-person event featuring seated massages, free flu and COVID vaccinations (new window), raffle prizes, snacks, wellness experiences (new window) and, of course, information to support you in making benefit decisions for 2024. There will also be an online Open Enrollment Fair (new window)on Wednesday, November 1, where you can hear directly from our benefits partners about the options available to you.
- View 2024 insurance premiums on the benefits website (new window).
In addition to the resources above, if you need additional information or assistance, please reach out to our benefits team at 202-687-2500, email@example.com (new window) or schedule an appointment to meet with us over Zoom (new window).
Associate Vice President, Benefits and Wellness
Chief Benefits Officer
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
I’m writing to provide important information about two new payroll services offered through ADP, a leading payroll and tax services provider, that are now available to Georgetown employees.
Wisely by ADP
Beginning with the current biweekly pay period ending September 17, or the monthly pay period ending September 30, faculty, staff and student employees will have the option to be paid by Georgetown via Wisely (new window), a digital financial service provided by ADP.
- If you choose, you can create a Wisely account by logging into the MyADP website (new window) or ADP Mobile Solutions app (new window) using single sign-on with your Georgetown NetID and password and following these instructions (new window).
- You can then set up direct deposit in GMS (new window) so that your Georgetown paycheck is electronically deposited into your Wisely account. Instructions for setting up direct deposit are available on page 8 of the GMS – Employee Quick Reference Guide (new window).
- You can pay bills online through your Wisely account.
- You will also receive a Wisely Visa debit card in the mail.
- You can use your Wisely card online or in person for purchases or ATM transactions.
- You can also link your Wisely card to personal payment services like Venmo and PayPal.
Access to Pay and Tax Documents via ADP iPay
Employees are now able to access their Georgetown payslips and tax documents (e.g., W-2 forms) via the MyADP website (new window) and ADP Mobile Solutions app (new window) using single sign-on with your Georgetown NetID and password. You will also continue to have access to payslips and tax documents in GMS (new window) as well.
Two key benefits of this new offering are:
- The ability for individuals to continue to access Georgetown payslips and tax documents for up to three years beyond their departure from the University, without needing to contact the Payroll Services office and confirm their identity prior to receiving documentation, and
- Integration with some of the most common tax preparation software (e.g., TurboTax, H&R Block, etc.) to allow for an automatic upload of a W-2 statement, removing the need to manually enter tax information.
We hope these new services will provide you with greater flexibility and control over your financial resources and information. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
Wade Smith, Jr.
Director, Payroll Services
The Georgetown Management System (GMS) will be unavailable from Friday, September 8, 2023 at 9 p.m. EDT to Saturday, September 9, 2003 at 5 p.m. EDT, in order to implement Workday’s semi-annual system update. The outage will be limited to GMS and does not impact the Georgetown network. The only impact for Georgetown employees will be a temporary inability to access GMS during this outage period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and will post progress updates to the GMS website.
This Workday update will deliver several enhancements to GMS. For more details about these changes, please review the Employee Quick Reference Guide.
If you encounter any GMS issues, please contact the UIS Service Center.
Please be aware of the early payroll processing deadlines associated with the upcoming Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 4.
In order for the bi-weekly and weekly on-demand payrolls to be processed and settled for the Friday, September 8, pay date, the following deadlines must be met on Friday, September 1:
- No later than 10 a.m.
- Documents submitted to Payroll Services for the August 21 – September 3, 2023, bi-weekly pay period.
- No later than 5 p.m.
- Time entry submitted and approved. Please estimate hours worked for Friday, September 1; Saturday, September 2; and Sunday, September 3.
- Documents and requests for on-demand/off-cycle payments are due to Payroll Services.
The full payroll calendar can be found on the Payroll Services website (new window).
Thank you for your attention to these important deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com (new window).
Wade Smith, Jr.,
Director, Payroll Services