Announcements and Changes
Dear Members of the Georgetown University Community,
I’m writing to provide important information about two new payroll services offered through ADP, a leading payroll and tax services provider, that are now available to Georgetown employees.
Wisley by ADP
Beginning with the current biweekly pay period ending September 17, or the monthly pay period ending September 30, faculty, staff and student employees will have the option to be paid by Georgetown via Wisely (new window), a digital financial service provided by ADP.
- If you choose, you can create a Wisely account by logging into the MyADP website (new window) or ADP Mobile Solutions app (new window) using single sign-on with your Georgetown NetID and password and following these instructions (new window).
- You can then set up direct deposit in GMS (new window) so that your Georgetown paycheck is electronically deposited into your Wisely account. Instructions for setting up direct deposit are available on page 8 of the GMS – Employee Quick Reference Guide (new window).
- You can pay bills online through your Wisely account.
- You will also receive a Wisely Visa debit card in the mail.
- You can use your Wisely card online or in person for purchases or ATM transactions.
- You can also link your Wisely card to personal payment services like Venmo and PayPal.
Access to Pay and Tax Documents via ADP iPay
Employees are now able to access their Georgetown payslips and tax documents (e.g., W-2 forms) via the MyADP website (new window) and ADP Mobile Solutions app (new window) using single sign-on with your Georgetown NetID and password. You will also continue to have access to payslips and tax documents in GMS (new window) as well.
Two key benefits of this new offering are:
- The ability for individuals to continue to access Georgetown payslips and tax documents for up to three years beyond their departure from the University, without needing to contact the Payroll Services office and confirm their identity prior to receiving documentation, and
- Integration with some of the most common tax preparation software (e.g., TurboTax, H&R Block, etc.) to allow for an automatic upload of a W-2 statement, removing the need to manually enter tax information.
We hope these new services will provide you with greater flexibility and control over your financial resources and information. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
Wade Smith, Jr.
Director, Payroll Services
The Georgetown Management System (GMS) will be unavailable from Friday, September 8, 2023 at 9 p.m. EDT to Saturday, September 9, 2003 at 5 p.m. EDT, in order to implement Workday’s semi-annual system update. The outage will be limited to GMS and does not impact the Georgetown network. The only impact for Georgetown employees will be a temporary inability to access GMS during this outage period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and will post progress updates to the GMS website.
This Workday update will deliver several enhancements to GMS. For more details about these changes, please review the Employee Quick Reference Guide.
If you encounter any GMS issues, please contact the UIS Service Center.
Please be aware of the early payroll processing deadlines associated with the upcoming Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 4.
In order for the bi-weekly and weekly on-demand payrolls to be processed and settled for the Friday, September 8, pay date, the following deadlines must be met on Friday, September 1:
- No later than 10 a.m.
- Documents submitted to Payroll Services for the August 21 – September 3, 2023, bi-weekly pay period.
- No later than 5 p.m.
- Time entry submitted and approved. Please estimate hours worked for Friday, September 1; Saturday, September 2; and Sunday, September 3.
- Documents and requests for on-demand/off-cycle payments are due to Payroll Services.
The full payroll calendar can be found on the Payroll Services website (new window).
Thank you for your attention to these important deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com (new window).
Wade Smith, Jr.,
Director, Payroll Services