Please be mindful that Georgetown will be closed Monday May 29th in observance of Memorial Day. In order for on-demand requests to be processed and settled for a June 2nd pay date:
- On-Demand requests must be submitted to Payroll by 4pm on Friday, May 26
- The Retro Transaction must be approved in GMS by 5pm on Friday, May 26
Any request or retro transaction received or approved after this date will be process the following week.
To find the payroll calendar, please go to gms.georgetown.edu, and then click on Payroll Calendar.
Thank you for your attention to these important deadlines.
Director of Payroll Services
AVP, Benefits, Payroll and Wellness
Chief Benefits Officer
We are happy to announce the launch of GMS Recruiting today, Sunday, November 13, 2016. GMS Recruiting provides modern software for internal (current Georgetown employees) and external applicants to apply for positions (jobs) at Georgetown University. Effective today, employees will use GMS to apply for new positions.
Using GMS Recruiting, employees will complete the following steps to apply for a new position at Georgetown University.
1) Employees will go to gms.georgetown.edu and login to GMS using their Net ID and password.
2) GMS Home will include a new Career worklet or bubble:
3) Select Career and a new menu will appear:
4) Select Jobs at Georgetown to view all open Administrative (Staff and AAP) positions for employees to apply.
5) Select My Georgetown Applications to get a status of positions that the employee already applied for.
6) Jobs at Georgetown (GMS Recruiting) will not include job postings for Student Employees and Hoya Staffing. The current job posting websites will remain the same for Student Employees and Hoya Staffing.
GMS Recruiting will provide the following benefits:
- A modern, mobile-enabled website to search and apply for jobs, view job applications that have been previously submitted and use the same application materials to apply for multiple positions.
- Personal information entry by the applicant during the application process. HR Contacts will no longer need to enter that information.
- Voluntary confidential demographic information entry by the applicant during the job application process, which is important for University compliance with Federal reporting requirements.
- The ability to communicate with applicants easily (when a position has been filled or closed, for example).
- Improved visibility, tracking and reporting of applicants, which is important for finding talented candidates and compliance with Federal reporting requirements.
- Electronic tracking of the time it takes for position creation, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding.
- Easy movement of applicants through the process of screening, reviewing, interviewing and selecting for offer to make the recruiting process more efficient.
For help applying for a position at Georgetown University please call the HR/Benefits Help Desk at 202-687-2500.
GMS Core Team