Workday appears to have resolved the earlier integration performance issues. If you experience any further issues please submit a support ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Payroll Deadlines for July 4th Holiday
Please be mindful of the early closing dates and pay date this pay period due to the July 4th holiday.
In order for Payroll to be processed and settled for the July 6th pay date:
- Documents are due to Payroll by 5pm on Thursday, June 28 for the biweekly
- Time entry must be completed and APPROVED by midnight on Friday, June 29
- Please follow schedules set by departments for employees to have time entry completed in GMS
- Estimate hours worked for June 30 and July 1
- On-Demand requests submitted and Retro transaction must be approved by 5pm on Friday, June 29
To find the payroll calendar, please go to gms.georgetown.edu , then click on Payroll Calendar.
Thank you for your attention to these important deadlines.
Director of Payroll Services
Associate Vice President, Benefits, Payroll and Wellness
Chief Benefits Officer
Hoya Staffing is live in gms!
In reference to our message earlier this week, we remind you that all Hoya Staffing transactions have been fully incorporated into GMS as of June 23.
This enhancement allows us to streamline our processes, eliminate outdated systems and benefit you in the following ways:
- Departments will submit a Job Order as a Job Requisition in GMS, eliminating the use of our legacy Applicant Tracking System
- Hoya Staffing Temporary Employees will be hired within the department where they are assigned
- Hoya Staffing Temps will complete only one weekly timesheet, within GMS, on their additional job which will be approved by their Assignment Supervisor or Timekeeper
- External and internal candidates will navigate user friendly GMS Career Sites that are intuitive and familiar
- For information on the Time Tracking process in GMS please see the Administrative Time Tracking reference guide or watch the Administrative Time Tracking webinar on the GMS website.
Again, please note that Hoya Staffing Temporary Employee requests for leave will continue to be reviewed and approved by the Hoya Staffing Manager.
Details of these business improvements and helpful links are live on the Hoya Staffing website.
If you need more information, please contact Hoya Staffing at 202-687-2530 or Charmagne Wesby, Manager, Hoya Staffing at email@example.com.
Marshall W. Taylor
Interim Vice President and CHRO
New HCM Role and organization change request forms available
We are excited to share two new documents that should help facilitate a more efficient (and effective) GMS HCM role request process. Linked below you will find two documents:
- GMS HCM Role Catalog [NEW DOCUMENT]
- GMS HCM Role and Organization Change Request Form [DOCUMENT CONVERTED FROM WORD TO EXCEL]
The GMS HCM Role Catalog is an entirely new document that inventories all HCM security roles and key summary information about each. Most notably this document provides the following information:
- General Role Information (i.e. role description that summarizes all relevant information into a short paragraph or two)
- General Assignment Information (i.e. who is assigned the role and who does the role support)
- General Access Rights (i.e. what can the role view and what is the role's involvement in business process transactions)
- Domain Security Access Rights Summary (i.e. what access rights does the role have for each security Functional Area)
The GMS HCM Role Catalog should be referenced whenever you have questions about the functional access held by a role.
The GMS HCM Role and Organization Change Request Form is an updated version of the existing Word form. Specifically, the form was converted from a Word format to Excel with the intent of simplifying the request process by requesting fewer, but more direct, information about the request. In addition, there are no longer different request forms for different types of HCM roles and changes to supervisory organizations; all GMS HCM role requests and organization changes can be made using this one form.
Finally, we are excited to introduce new functionality within GMS that allows us to send documents and/or tasks directly to targeted users in their GMS Inbox. We will be sending you the new forms to your GMS Inbox so that you can download these documents to your device for quick access and submission of all future role and organization changes requests.
Additional details about how to use each document can be found within the documents themselves.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding these new resources at your disposal.
GMS Core Team
live on Workday 30
Workday 30 is now live!
With this update, Workday provides several enhancements in regards to the look and feel of the system, including:
- Updated User Interface
- A welcome banner with GU branding has been added to the Home Page, among other visual changes to the Home Page. Font color, icon style, chart colors, border colors, and button colors have all been updated.
- Recovery assistant will allow users to recover tasks that they started but not saved before moving to a new page. Inbox and announcement cards are more easily accessible from application header.
- W: Drive has been renamed to “My Reports.”
- Recruiting: New Job Posting View and Improved Candidate Reporting
- Grants Management: New composite view of Sponsor details
- Expense Reports: You will now have the ability to complete a Per Diem Expense Report on your Mobile Device.
- Staffing: Updated fields, searches, business processes, prompts and new mobile compliance
Please review the Workday 30 User Interface Video for more information on the user interface changes. The Workday 30 Employee Quick Reference Guide is available on the GMS website, under the Training section. This guide contains detailed explanations of the changes you can expect to find in the new release.
If you encounter any GMS issues, please contact the Service Center by emailing email@example.com or calling (202) 687-4949.
Thank you for your attention.
2017 W2 and 1095 Forms
The 2017 W-2 forms are now available in the Georgetown Management System (GMS) for viewing and printing. The forms have also been mailed to the primary address that is on file in GMS. To locate your W-2 forms in the system, please log into GMS to view your tax documents.
Former employees will be sent a copy of their 2017 W-2 form via the U.S. Post Office mail. If you are contacted by a former employee who did not receive their W-2 form, please ask them to email the Payroll Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRS Form 1095 is used to determine whether you or your employer may have to pay a fine for failing to comply with the Affordable Care Act by not having healthcare coverage for 2017. This reporting form is currently required by federal law for eligible US citizens and qualifying employees and it contains information you can use in filing your taxes. You will need both your W-2 form(s) and information from your 1095 form(s) to prepare, complete and file your tax return.
Form 1095-C is submitted to the IRS directly by your employer. You do not have to submit a copy of the form to the IRS. However, it is recommended that you always keep a copy of each Form 1095 for your files, just in case you need to reference them in the future.
All full-time employees who were eligible for medical insurance through Georgetown University during 2017 will be receiving a Form 1095-C which contains information about the healthcare coverage offered by Georgetown University. The deadline by which Employers are required to provide employees with the 1095-C form has been delayed this year to March 2, 2018. We anticipate that Georgetown University will be mailing the forms in February. You need not wait to receive the 1095-C form in order to file your taxes. You simply must indicate on your 2017 tax return if you and/or your dependents were covered by employer-provided health insurance plan and for how many months.
To learn more about the Form 1095, you may refer to the IRS website (https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/questions-and-answers-about-health-care-information-forms-for-individuals) for more details.
Thank you for your attention.
Director of Payroll Services
Director, Health Plans