Reviewing/Editing Expense Reports within the Inbox is Causing GMS to Freeze – Posted September 20, 2021
When some users are reviewing/editing Expense Reports in the Inbox, GMS freezes. The affected user can close the browser and log back in to GMS without issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The vendor (Workday) is currently working to resolve this issue and we will update this posting when more information is available.
From Friday, September 10 at 8 pm EST to Saturday, September 11 at 5 pm EST, the Georgetown Management System (GMS) will be unavailable while Workday’s semiannual system update is implemented. The outage will be limited to GMS and does not impact the Georgetown network. The only impact for GU employees will be a temporary inability to access GMS during this outage period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and will post progress updates to the GMS website.
This Workday update will deliver several enhancements to GMS, the most notable of which are outlined below.
General User Experience
- Enhanced search functionality to include:
- Easier-to-use search categories (i.e. Tasks, Reports, People, etc).
- When searching for reports or tasks, these will now pop up within the same window, rather than opening a new page.
- Search bar is now centered at the top of the page.
- For processes with a number of business steps, only those steps relevant to the specific process will display in the process history.
Human Capital Management (HCM)
- The Career websites will display Georgetown branding.
- Job requisitions will be able to be completed on mobile devices.
- Improved accessibility on the absence and time calendars, enabling keyboard-only users to display additional contextual information, and improved contrast standards.
- Expense report reviewers will now have a new work area to enable faster access to view expense reports.
- Cost Center Buyers will now be able to edit purchase orders without a Change Order.
Please refer to the Workday 2021R2 Employee Quick Reference Guide for more details about these and other changes. The reference guide will be located on the GMS website under the Training section, which contains detailed explanations of the changes you can expect to find in the new release.
If you encounter any GMS issues, please contact the UIS Service Center.
9:30PM Update (COMPLETE): GMS is now available again.
GMS will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 9pm for 30 minutes for system maintenance. This alert will be updated once GMS is available again.
August 20th Update (RESOLVED): Please accept our apologies for the temporary outage of the Amazon punchout. It was caused by a significant surge in purchases due to the reopening of the university. We are working with Amazon to prevent a reoccurrence, and are happy to report that the punchout is now available for use.
If you encounter another issue with the Amazon punchout, please contact me for assistance. You may also consider our other punchout suppliers – Staples, Apple, VWR, CDWG, FisherScientific, and Grainger
August 19th Update: Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through this issue with Amazon. We hope to have the punchout back up as soon as possible. In the meantime, please consider also using the other available punchouts (Staples, VWR, etc) if you have urgent spending needs.
The GMS Amazon punchout is currently unavailable. This alert will be updated with more details once they are available.
Refer to this link for archived system alerts.